Data privacy statement
Information about the collection of personal data
This website's operators take the protection of your personal data very seriously. We keep it in confidence and handle it according to data protection prescriptions and this data privacy statement.
The use of our websites usually does not require you to give personal information. As far as personal data (e.g. name, postal address, e-mail address) is collected, this will be voluntarily where possible.
We would like to point out that the security of data transfer online (e.g. when communicating via e-mail) may be flawed. A flawless protection of data against access by third parties is not possible.
Circulation of data to third parties
A circulation of data to third parties generally does not happen. Exceptions to this will only be made if it is necessary for the execution of contractual relationships with you. This particularly includes the transmission to service-providers authorised by us, or other third parties whose function is necessary for the execution of the contract (e.g. shipping companies or banks). The transmitted data may be used by the third parties exclusively for these said purposes.
Responsible for data handling on this website as defined by General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is Modellbahnprofis Riffler e.K., Feldmochinger Straße 35, 80992 München, GERMANY, phone: +49 89 140 30 31 (e-mail: see contact ). Accountable for processing personal data is the natural person or corporate body who decides alone or with others about the processing of personal data.
This website uses an SSL or TSL encryption respectively on all pages and sub-pages for reasons of security and to protect confidential information, e.g. the requests you send to us as website operators. You may recognise an encrypted connection by the address bar of your browser switching from 'http://' to 'https://' and by the lock symbol in the address bar.
When SSL encryption is enabled the data transmitted to us can not be read by third parties.
Detention of anonymised access data in server logfiles
The websites' provider automatically collects and saves information in so-called server logfiles which your browser automatically sends to us. This is:
- browser type and version
- operating system used
- referrer URL
- the accessing computer's host name
- time of server request
This data is not assignable to specific persons. Processing is carried out according to Art. 6 Par. 1 f GDPR based on our justified interest in improving and securing a trouble-free operation of our web offer as well as for statistic purposes. The data will not be circulated or used for other purposes. We reserve our right to check the data subsequently, if we receive tangible evidence for unlawful use.
Data collection, detention and processing of personal data
We collect and process personal data when you give them to us in the respective form to create a customer account and to fulfil contracts according to Art. 6 Par. 1 b GDPR. The form shows, which data is collected. We store and use this data exclusively to fulfil contracts.
After the complete winding-up of the contract (when ordering as guest) or after you demand your customer account to be deleted, your data is blocked from further use and will be terminally deleted when the legal safekeeping period ends (see rights as affected person).
Your rights as an affected person
As a person affected by data processing you have several rights:
- Right of withdrawal: Approvals given by you may be withdrawn at any time. The data processing based upon the withdrawn approval then may no longer be executed.
- Right to information: You may demand information about your personal data processed by us. This particularly applies to the purposes of data processing, the categories of personal data, if applicable the category of recepients, the duration of detention, if applicable the origin of your data as well as if applicable the existence of an automised decision making including profiling and if applicable significant information about their detail.
- Right to correction: You may demand the correction of incorrect data and the completion of your personal data stored with us.
- Right to deletion: You may demand the deletion of your personal data which is stored with us, als long as their processing is not necessary for the execution of the right of free speech and information, for the fulfilment of a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for enforcement, execution or defense of legal claims.
- Right to limitation of processing: You may demand the limitation of the processing of your personal data, if you challenge the correctness of your data or if the processing is unlawful, but you reject deletion. Furthermore you are entitled to this right if we no longer need the data but you need it for enforcement, execution or defense of legal claims. Beyond that you have this right if you have filed an objection against the processing of your personal data.
- Right to data assignability: You may demand us to transmit the personal data you provided to us in a structured, common and machine redable format. Alternatively you demand us to transmit this data another responsible person, if possible.
- Right to complaint: You may complain about us with a controlling institution, e.g. if you think that we process you personal data in an unlawful way. We would like to ask you however to get in contact with us first, so we can handle the issue right away.
- Your right to objection: If we process your data based upon a justified interest, you have the right to file an objection against this processing.
If you want to enforce this right, a message in written form is sufficient. So please feel free to send a letter or an e-mail. Find our contact information under the point 'responsible for data processing' or on our contact page.
Webpages partially use so-called cookies. Cookies are used to make our offer more user-friendly, more effective and more secure. They are small text files which are stored on your computer and saved by your browser. Most of the cookies we use are so-called session cookies. After your visit they are deleted automatically. Other cookies will be saved on your device until you delete them. These cookies enable us to recognise your browser with your next visit.
Your browser may be ajusted so that you are informed when cookies are placed, you can allow them individually, forbid them generally or for specific cases, and have them deleted when closing the browser. When disabling cookies in your browser, this may affect the functionality of this website.
Use of ShopVote graphics
In order to show our ShopVote seal and possibly collected and/or aggregated ratings we embedded ShopVote graphics in this website.
This serves to save our predominant justified interests in an optimal commercialisation of our offer according to Art. 6 Par. 1 (1) f GDPR. The ShopVote graphics and thereby advertised services are an offer by Blickreif GmbH, Alter Messeplatz 2, 80339 München.
When invoicing the ShopVote graphics the web server automatically saves a so-called server log file, which contains and documents e.g. your IP address, date and time of invoice, transmitted data volume and the source of invoice (access data). This access data is not evaluated and automatically overwritten not later than seven days after the end of your website visit. No further personal data is collected or stored by the ShopVote graphics.
Contacting via contact form or e-mail-Adresse
When you send us enquiries via contact form or e-mail, we will save the data from the contact form/e-mail, including your contact information, to deal with the enquiry and possible follow-up enquiries. The contact form shows, which data is collected. We do not circulate this data without your permission. The legal basis for this data processing is our justified interest in taking your requests. If you contact us to conclude a contract, an additional legal basis for processing is Art. 6 Par. 1 b GDPR. Your data will be deleted after handling your enquiry is done, provided that no legal safekeeping duties apply.
Use of data when subscribing to the e-mail newsletter
When you want to receive the newsletter offered on the website, we need an e-mail address as well as information which allows us to check that you are the owner of said address and agree to receiving the newsletter. To check this we use the so-called „double opt-in“ procedure. This means we will only sent you a newsletter when you have confirmed that you agree to receiving the newsletter. We will send you a confirmation e-mail containing a confirmation link; by clicking this link you expressly agree to henceforth receive our newsletter.
When subscribing to the newsletter we save your IP address registered by the internet service provider (ISP) and the date and time of subscription to be able to retrace a possible abuse of your e-mail address. No further data is collected. We use this data exclusively to send the requested information and don't circulate it to third parties.
The given approval to store the data, the e-mail address and to use it to provide the newsletter may be withdrawn at any given time, e.g. via the „unsubscribe“ link in the newsletter or on our website.
Blog comments function on this website
The blog comments function on this website saves, aside from your comment, data concerning the point in time of the comment's creation and, if you are logged in, it will save the username you chose and publicly show it next to your comment.
Saving the IP address
Our comments function saves the IP addresses of the users who leave comments. Since we don't review comments before publishing them on our website, this data is needed to take action against authors of comments that violate the law (e.g. libel or propaganda).
Our website uses plug-ins from YouTube, a website run by Google. Operator of the websites is YouTube, LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA. When visiting on of our websites which has a YouTube plug-in, a connection to YouTube's servers is made. In this, the YouTube server is informed which one of our websites you are visiting.
If you are logged in to your YouTube account you enable YouTube to directly relate your surfing behaviour to your personal profile. This can be prevented by logging out of your YouTube account.
More informationen on Google Analytics handling user data can be found in YouTube's privacy protection agreement at https://www.google.de/intl/en/policies/privacy
Objection to advertising e-mails
We hereby object to the contact information published within the framework of legal imprint obligation being used for sending not explicitly requested advertisements and information material. The websites' operators explicitly reserve the right to legal enforcements in case of unwanted consignation of advertising information, e.g. through spam e-mail.
Business hours retail store
Tue. - Thu. 10.00-13.00 /15.00-18.00
Fri. 10.00 - 18.00 (Dec. - Jan.)
Sat. 10.00 - 13.00
Modellbahnprofis Riffler e.K.
Feldmochinger Straße 35
We are a member at
- Märklin dealer initiative (MHI)
- Eurotrain by Idee und Spiel
- Eurotrain plus
We take our responsibility in recycling seriously! By choosing to take part in the dual system Interseroh we act according to the packaging law.